Friday, October 12, 2012

Next Up: A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore

Happy Friday with the warmest of regards from the BOOKWORMportal! I trust you all have began buying your Halloween decorations and bags of sugary treats for All Hallows Eve like I have (yes it's early but what other excuse will I have to devour my weight in sweets?). Halloween just so happens to be a favorite holiday of mine which gave me an idea for the next 2 books I plan on reading for the month of October. I thought I would first move towards a much more contemporary author Christopher Moore. I prefer to read the classics but what sort of avid reader would I be if I did not venture out once and awhile. So, this weeks book will be A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore.


A little background to why I chose this book (besides it having a bit of a Halloween feel to it) it was the very last book a dear friend of mine read before he passed away almost exactly 3 years ago. He loved Halloween just as much as I do and he had a goofball sense of humor so I am hoping for a entertaining read. From what I have gathered this book has a dark humorous tone to it which is my favorite. Since this book is bigger than the last 2, I will update every 3rd of the way as I go. Have a safe weekend!

Halloween Fun Fact: The first Jack O'Lanterns weren't carved from pumpkins, they were carved from turnips. They were said to have originated in Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment